Preparation for your Standard Newborn Photo Session
Thank you for booking your Newborn Session. Below are a few pointers which could assist in getting the absolute best out of your Newborn Photo Session.
Please bare in mind that no newborn baby is the same – they all handle the photo session differently and I cannot guarantee any specific images or poses.
The session is 2- 3 hours in length and comprises of a selection of newborn posed images (1-2 hours) and family (30-1 hour) images. All images are taken in your home.
I supply a small selection of basic props i.e. headbands, outfits, hats and baskets. Too see examples of my newborn session ‘styling’ visit my website at www.creationography.co.za.
Below are a few small requirements for your shoot;
- One light, warm room is required for your session. Please warm this room before my arrival (if possible). Baby’s do not like being cold. A section of the shoot is done with baby naked, he/she needs to remain warm. If the room is uncomfortable for you and I, then we are at the right temperate.
- Your dress for your shoot is at your discretion however I do recommend light coloured, comfortable clothing and to avoid bold branding.
- Please bath baby before my arrival. Babies tend to relax after a bath. Keep baby’s clothes off (except for a nappy) and swaddle them tightly. This is a good time to give baby a feed.
- Please feed baby before my arrival. A hungry baby will not settle.
- Please have some towelling nappy’s/towels, handy. Newborns wee and poo a lot! Please do not worry if your baby messes on my layers and blankets – it happens and I am not, at all, bothered. It all gets washed!
- I request that only myself and Mom OR Dad be present during the posing section of the shoot. Baby’s are very sensitive to noise and the feelings and emotions in the room. It is imperative that you (Mom OR Dad) remain relaxed and trust that I have your baby’s well being at heart
- If you have a toddler please have some measures in place to distract them while we do this part of the shoot – It can take up to an 1h30. Your child/toddler WILL be included in the shoot later on.
- I am more than happy to include any specific props/outfits that you would like your newborn to wear.
Should you wish to have some Breastfeeding pictures with your newborn, I am more than happy to do so.
- If you have any other reasonable requests, please do ask.
- Light editing techniques are applied to all images. I remove slight blemishes only and apply gentle skin smoothing. Photoshopping an image to utter perfection is very time consuming and not my job – this is left to an image retoucher. Please be aware, and take care to clean baby’s face and body and apply make up to yourself should you wish to do so.
I look forward to meeting you and your precious newborn!